Specialist Property

Specialist Property

 

A deep dive into the UK’s specialist property market

Summary

• The office, retail and industrial sectors currently make up 91% of the IPD property investment universe, while the remaining 9% is invested in specialist property like hotels, student housing, health care facilities etc.

The key attraction of specialist property investments is their exposure to sectors of the economy that have substantially higher growth rates than the national average.

• Most investors are content with a property portfolio that invests almost exclusively in the three dominating sectors, abstaining from the remaining 9% of specialist property. Without this exposure to specialist property, investors are at risk of missing some of the most attractive investment opportunities in the market.

• Specialist property investments offer all the usual benefits of property investments. Yields are similar to retail and office yields and rental income is typically linked to inflation so that investors don’t have to worry too much about rising prices in the future.

• On top of that, specialist property is often exposed to different long-term economic trends like an ageing society or changing consumer behaviours. In addition, rental agreements for specialist property tend to have a very long maturity, which provides investors with high visibility of future cash flows and additional peace of mind.

 

To read the full report click here.

 

This communication contains written material that is generic in nature and not related to a specific financial instrument.  It is not personalised to reflect the circumstances of an individual client and therefore does not amount to a personal recommendation to any person. It does not contain any substantive analysis and does not and is not intended to recommend or suggest any investment strategy or opinion as to the future value or price of financial instruments of any kind.  This communication is also made openly available at the same time to any investment firms wishing to receive it or to the general public on this website www.fidante.com. Recipients of this communication based in the EEA who are subject to regulation under MiFID should note that while they must make their own determination Fidante Partners Europe Limited ("Fidante Partners") is of the view that this communication constitutes a “minor non-monetary benefit”.